Saturday, June 22, 2024

Time to Bloom Double Duty

 



Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 42nd month, so we are in our 4th year!  WOW--4 years of making two cards with the same stamp from different companies each month!



Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For June, the company is Taylored Expressions.  This is a favorite company of mine and I have attended Stamp Joy in person and virtual for the past 4 years!   This company has the best images and Taylored is the sweetest person!   The set I picked this month is from the Combo Club and is called Time to Bloom. The set is a 6x6 pop out stamp and coordinating stencil.   I also bought the matching die.  For my cards, I used the stamp and stencil on both cards and then die cut the wine colored one.




For both cards, I used Taylored Expressions inks with the 4-piece stencil set.  For the this purple card, I die cut the stenciled panel with a Taylored Expressions Stitched Frame Stacklet.  I actually thought it would die cut the entire panel, but it actually cut a frame.  Plan B!  I then die cut two more frames and layered them together over the colored panel.  You can see a bit of stamping on the frame!  The sentiment is from my stash and the bling is Taylored Expressions Purple Glimmer Drops. 



For this card, I picked two Taylored Expressions embossing folders.  The back panel is Dainty Diamonds and the arch which was cut from a Taylored Expressions Arched Stacklet die was embossed with Weathered folder.  I popped the arched frame over than panel for a bit of dimension.  I the placed the die cut image in and over the arched panel.  The bling is from Pinkfresh Studio called Glacier Bay and the sentiment is again from my stash.  





I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards. Here is a link to Jeanette'sDarlene’s  and  Carol's blogs.   I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  

Next month we do something a bit different as we are picking any Christmas image to celebrate Christmas in July!  So be sure to check out our cards on July 22nd!  


Image/Sentiment: Taylored Expressions Combo Club Time to Bloom Stamp and Stencil set and matching die/Sentiments from my Stash

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Taylored Expressions Sugar Cube, Dried Fig

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black; Taylored Expressions Raspberry Sorbet, Mulled Wine, Mango, Cilantro, Jalapeno, Macaron, Dried Fig, Brussels Sprouts, Green Tea, Honey

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Weathered and Dainty Dots Embossing Folders, Arched Stacklets and Stitched Frame Stacklet Dies, Purple Glimmer Dots; Pinkfresh Studio Glacier Bay Bling

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these are so elegant looking and gorgeous. Love the blooms!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Oh my word, these are so beautiful, Barb!! I love the images and the deep colors of each card. The subtle layers, embossing and framing effects are wonderful.