Monday, July 22, 2024

Frosty's Flakes






Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 43rd month, so we are in our 4th year!  WOW--4 years of making two cards with the same stamp from different companies each month!



Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For July, we are doing something a bit different.  It was decided to pick one Christmas stamp from any company and create a Christmas in July card.  I decided to go with one of my favorite Penny Black stamp sets called Frosty's Flakes.  I love this snowman image!




For both cards, I colored the images with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I also added some Stickles on his hat where the snow has landed.  It has been a long time since I broke out some stickles!  I also added a sentiment from one of my many sentiment strips for a fun cards.

For this red card, I picked a Gina Marie Designs Die called Peekaboo Rectangles to frame the image.   I then added some Taylored Expressions Clay Snowflakes around the image.




For the teal card, I went with a MFT Stitched Rectangle Frame along with a layer of Coastal Cabana.  I added a string of snowflakes and I believe they were from a Stampin' Up die as they were already in my stash.  I added some shiny bling inside each of the snowflakes.




I like the sparkle and shine in each of the cards.  I picked a frame to showcase the fun image.   I added stickles to each of the card along with some additional snowflakes!




I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards. Here is a link to Jeanette'sDarlene’s  and  Carol's blogs.   I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  

Next month we will highlight The Stamp Market.   So be sure to check out our cards on August 22nd!  


Image/Sentiment: Penny Black Frosty's Flakes/Sentiments from my Stash

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque; Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Clay Snowflakes;Icicle and Frosted Lace Stickles; Stampin' Up Snowflake Die Cut' Copic Sketch Markers; MFT Stitched Rectangle Frames; Gina Marie Designs Peekaboo Rectangle Die



2 comments:

Darlene LeTavec said...

Absolutely adorable! What a cool vine up the side of the teal card! And the classic black and red plaid suits the snowman to a "T". Well done!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is such a treat to see two awesome cards using the same snowman stamp. I love the color choices!