Today is the 22nd and it is Double Duty Day! This is the 66th month, so we are in the middle our 6th year! More Doubling Up!
Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set. Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way! But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something. Double Duty Again! We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month. See-Double Duty again! We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company. Let’s have fun!
For July we are going with a Christmas in July theme Pick any company and make 2 Christmas cards. I picked Pinkfresh Studio set to use this month!
The set is called Happy Holidays Circle Frame. There is a stamp set, matching dies and stencils. I stamped the holly images and then ink blending with Taylored Expression inks. I die cut the image and the two sentiments with the coordinating dies. I layered both the frame and sentiment three times. I added some green enamel dots on both cards.
For the Happy Holidays card, I used Cilantro, Cherry Pop and Brussels Sprout for the ink blending with the 3-piece stencil set. The colors of the cardstock backgrounds are Cherry Pop and Cilantro, on a white cardstock base.
For the Merriest Moments card, the background is Mulled Wine, cut with a Picket Fence Studio A2 Vintage Rectangle Die. The image is ink blended with Mulled Wine, Key Lime and Granny Smith.
Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards. Here is a link to Jeanette's, Darlene’s, and Terry's blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.
Next month we are going to use Altenew as our featured company. So be sure to check out our cards on August 22nd!
Image/Sentiment: Pinkfresh Studio Happy Holidays Circle Frame Stamp Set, 3-Piece Stencil Set and Coordinating Dies
Cardstock/Patterned Paper: The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White; Taylored Expressions Mulled Wine, Cherry Pop, Cilantro
Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black; Taylored Expressions Mulled Wine, Key Lime, Granny Smith, Cherry Pop, Cilantro, Brussels Sprout





1 comment:
These are beautiful, Barb! Thanks for including your ink colors. Very nicely done.
Post a Comment