Saturday, August 15, 2026

Millie's Haunted Halloween

 


Today is the 15th and this is my card this month for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 6--Jeanette, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit. For August, the last month of this round, Jeanette and I teamed up with the challenge-- a color and sketch challenge.  I picked a random card from my Color Cube, #191, and Jeanette came up with a sketch--they are pictured below.  



I decided to make a Halloween card with some non-traditional colors.   I picked Guava, Jujube and Black--three of the colors in the card.  I went with some Taylored Expressions products--Millie's Haunted House stamp set with the matching dies for the image and sentiment.  I colored Millie with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I then cut the image with the coordinating die and the sentiment with a TE sentiment strip die. I then used the TE Drifting Diamonds background stamp for the 2 rectangles, stamped tone on tone with Jujube.  I die cut a Black Licorice backer with a Gina Marie Stitched Rectangle Die.  I also die cut the Guava square with a Gina Marie Stitched Square die and the Jujube circle behind the square with a Gina Marie Stitched Circle--yes a number of Gina Marie die sets used!  The card base is Black Licorice and the stitched background is embossed with a Stampin' Up folder called Subtle Dynamic.  I added a few Taylored Expressions Bits & Pieces Black Rhinestones around the image.

OOPS--after looking at a few other cards, I realized I forgot the 3 dots below the image from the sketch.........................  Creator Liberties!  



I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my card this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the cute cards.

For September, Jeanette and I are up for another challenge, but we are not sure what it will be yet.   Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun is planned!


Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Millie's Haunted Halloween Stamp and Die Set, Drifting Diamonds Background Stamp

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut's Cougar Opaque 110# White; Taylored Expressions Black Licorice, Jujube and Guava

Ink:   Hero Arts Intense Black; Taylored Expressions Jujube 

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Taylored Expressions Sentiment Strip Die, Black Rhinestone Bits & Pieces; Stampin' Up Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder; Gina Marie Designs Stitched Square, Circle and Rectangle Dies; 

2 comments:

Darlene LeTavec said...

Fantastic card! I really like that TE Drifting Diamonds background stamp! The colors are perfect. Thanks for such a great challenge this month.

Tracie said...

Great card Barb. I am loving the pink I am seeing in Halloween papers and fabric. Perfect for the challenge.