Tuesday, September 15, 2026

 


Today is the 15th and this is my card this month for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 6--Jeanette, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit. For September,  Jeanette and I came together with the challenge.  Career Day! 


Since I am a retired teacher, I could have made a card for my previous career.  But, instead, I went with my current career--Card Maker!  I have a sweet stamp set from The Paper Bin that explain exactly why I make cards!  The name of the set is called Keepsake and the words are perfect!  I went with Blue Corn ink for the sentiment.  I then went to my Taylored Expressions Palette Playbook to see what colors might go well with Blue Corn.  Passion Fruit and Poblano Pepper were two choices and I think the jewel-toned colors look so pretty!   I then cut image with a Taylored Expressions Rounded Rectangle Stacklet and added the Ridged Rounded Rectangle die for the slashes.  I backed it with some Blue Corn cut with the next largest die.  I added a strio of patterned paper from the Carta Bella libe called Craft & Create.  I added a few enamel dots on the backer layer.

I love my new career!





I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my card this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the cute cards.

For October, Lorraine is up for another challenge.  Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun is planned!


Image/Sentiment:  The Paper Cut Keepsake

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut's Cougar Opaque 110# White; Taylored Expressions Blue Corn, Poblano Pepper, Passion Fruit; Carta Bella Craft & Create

Ink:  Taylored Expressions Blue Corn 

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Rounded Rectangle Stacklets, Ridged Rounded Rectangle Dies;  Enamel Dots

No comments: