Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Stamp What?


Today is the start of a new challenge with the three collaborators you have seen many times in the past.  YES--Kelly came up with a new challenge--actually her son did and I will explain that later.  She asked Jeanette and me to join her--so another challenge for the Three of Us!  This one is called Stamp What?   How did this new one happen?  Kelly's son was talking to her about a time she sold a bunch of sets and they met the buyer at IKEA.  He asked Kelly if she had any Stampin' Up sets left?  She said yes and sadly they don't get used much any more.  He then randomly picked out a Stampin' Up set and said "here-make a card with this one!"  They both started laughing.............  

So, here we are:  There's a new challenge on my blog today with a card that you will see on the 29th of every month called Stamp What?  You know that stack of stamps you have that you have never used or haven't used in a LONG time and are sitting on a shelf, collecting dust?  It's time for us to take one down off the shelf and use it!  But which one?  The name *Stamp What?* comes from using only STAMPin' Up stamps for this challenge and never knowing WHAT it will be! 

Even we won't know which one it will be ~ it's chosen at random either by someone for us or by number generator.  Since it's chosen at random, it will be a surprise, even to us!   Stamp What?!!

I was in my stamp room and Rebecca came down to ask a question.  I told her of this new challenge and asked her to pick two stamp sets from my bookcase-full of Stampin' Up sets.  She promptly picked the one set on the top shelf and one on the bottom shelf as I am also doing my February card soon too.  So-I have the one of the first sets alphabetically and the one of the last for next month!   Today's card is from a retired Stampin' Up image called Amazing Congratulations.  It is a three part stamping set for the word Congratulations. I added the words On Your Great News in reference to our new challenge! The colors I picked for inks were Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy and Tangerine Tango.   I went with some fun Stampin' Up designer series paper called Birthday Bash for some fun colors.  Navy Enamel dots complete the card.  I met the challenge! And, I am excited to do this every month!  

We decided to post on the 29th of each month as this is a Leap Year and we can post on February 29th!  Love the challenge Kelly and thanks so much for asking me to play along!


Here is the inside of my card.


Please be sure to check out the other Stamp What? cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. There will not be any themes for our monthly cards, other than maybe using a special color like green for March.  Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 29th of February--Happy Leap Day!  Thanks for a great challenge Kelly--I love it!

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Amazing Congratulations

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Tangerine Tango, Night of Navy, Birthday Bash Designer Series Paper

Ink: Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Tangerine Tango, Night of Navy,

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Mini Banner Die; Navy Enamel Dots



5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, well look at the celebration on your blog - a new series (with well-established friends) and a chance to revisit SU sets that might just be collecting dust. Add to that some fabulous papers, a great set and a perfect layout. Your card is perfect!

MiamiKel said...

What a perfect card for the first month of this new (crazy) challenge - congratulations for signing up for the madness! LOL! THis card is SO striking - a lovely mix of colors and ink blending and these colors are perfectly plucked! You really hit it out of the park with this Old Dusty! Thanks for your willingness to always be up for our next big adventure :)

Aracelli Merla said...

Barb, those colors are amazing together! You have just reminded me that I have some of that Birthday Bash DSP sitting on my shelf. I am feeling inspired to find it and use a bit more of it. Thanks so much for sharing your creation.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun challenge and a great way to ink up those seldom used sets!!! Great card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great challenge - and an awesome result Barb - love how you have used the set with those fun colours
Blessings
Maxine