Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Fancy Folds #1


My A Card a Week Challenge is back for 2020!  This is my first card for the new year.   I will use the same themes each month as I did in 2019 and they are listed below.  Posts will continue to be every Tuesday, all year long.  I hope you will follow me to check out all of the new cards.  

January ~~ Fancy Fold card
February ~~ Use a Sketch from SCS
March ~~ Use the weekly Alphabet Challenge from SCS
April ~~ Make a CAS--Clean and Simple card
May ~~ Use Embossing on a card
June ~~ Use a new Technique for a card
July ~~ Make a Christmas Card
August ~~ Use a SCS Color Combo
September ~~ Make a CASE Card of SCS Featured Stamper
October ~~ Masculine Card
November ~~ Use only Die-cuts on a card
December ~~ Make a card for any Holiday

For my first card for January, I made a gate fold card, using Taylored Expressions Better Half Cutting Plates for the shutters! 


First, I used my Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes and Tim Holtz Oxide Inks for color on the paper before cutting out the shutters.


I then used the Hello die from Momenta as the sentiment and added an image from Stampin' Ups Dragonfly Dreams on the inside panel.


Here is the card partially opened:


I really like the look of this card and hope you do too. 

I hope you will stop back for the next Tuesday to see my creations for my 2020 A Card a Week Challenge!  I will continue with Fancy Folds in January!

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Dragonfly Dreams

Cardstock:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana

Ink: Tim Holtz Oxide Inks; Kaleidacolor Blue Breeze

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Better Half Cutting Plates, Blender Brushes; Momenta Hello Die; Enamel Dots



2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is gorgeous. I love the die - it almost looks like a shuttered window.

MiamiKel said...

Oh where to begin! I love the die cut you used, I love your fancy fold and beautiful color palette! Fun series!