Thursday, January 16, 2020

Ready, Set, Go!


Today is the day AFTER the third Wednesday of the month and this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 Musketeers--Kelly, Jeanette and me--are back with another challenge for January-our 32nd month!  That means we are coming to the end our third year--YAY!  We are posting a day late as all three of us had a Dueling Darlings post yesterday, on the 15th.


Jeanette provided the challenge for December: She asked each of us to give her a color and an embellishment.  She took all three of colors and the embellishments-then asked us to make a card with them.    

Colors--Red, Plum and Bright Blue  
Embellishments--Twine, Enamel Dots and Ribbon


Ready? Set? Go!

I thought for a long time about this challenge and wondered how I could use all three of the colors together, when they really do not go together!   First, I picked a Heidi Swapp Stencil called Lattice and used my Taylored Expressions Brushes and Tim Holtz Oxide Inks for the background--red and bright blue--check!  Then I used a retired Stampin' Up image called Amazing Birthday. and inked it up with Rich Razzleberry-a plum color-check! I added the Stampin' Up Banner Dies behind the sentiment.  The ribbon is Rich Razzleberry and I used white twine to tie a bow.  I added red Enamel Dots--another check! So--I did use all three colors and I added all three embellishments.  I met the challenge!


Here is the inside of my card.



Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Kelly is up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in February!  

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Amazing Birthday

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Pacific Point, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry

Ink: Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry; Tim Holtz Oxide Inks Salty Ocean, Abandoned Coral

Accessories:  Stampin' Up White Thick Twine, Rich Razzleberry 3/8" Cotton Ribbon, Banner Dies; Red Enamel Dots; Heidi Swapp Lattice Stencil




5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Woo Hoo! You did it, Barb! I was like you - the colors just didn't want to play together nicely. But the sense of accomplishment! Don't you feel it? I love the way you used the stencil on your artsy/creative card. Very nice!

Lynn McAuley said...

Great job on this wonderful birthday design!! I love the stenciled background and your fishtail banners sentiment!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card Barb love how you incorporated all elements of the challenge! That is one fabulous stencil BTW.
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Great Card Barb. I think that would be a challenge to incorporate all those colors but you did a great job!

MiamiKel said...

Barb - WOWZA! This is a gem! Such a pretty, pretty card with the vibrant colors and the stencil work - so fancy! Such a clever use of the ribbon and the twine perfectly down the center - what a wonderful inclusion of all the challenge requirements. Fabulous!