Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Faux Pressed Flowers


Here is my May Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS. This is our 29th month, so we are into year #3. Liz gave everyone this challenge: 

Scripture:   2 Corinthians 4:8-9 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned, struck down, but not destroyed. 

ChallengeLiz challenged the COF team this month is to try the Faux Pressed flowers that can be found in this tutorial.  

I was a bit worried when I read this card challenge, but I went to the tutorial, and it seemed pretty easy.  I grabbed one of my favorite Rubbernecker stamps and the matching die to cut out a set of poppies.  I added the purple Prima flowers and then ran it through my Big Shot with a diamond embossing folder.  I really love the look of this card:


I hope Liz along the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post between the 7th and 10th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! Michelle is up for our June challenge, so be sure to check back to see what I create!

Image/Sentiment:  Rubbernecker Stamps Poppy Trio stamp and die/Sentiment Stampin' Up Warmest Regards

Cardstock/Patterned Papers:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow, Gorgeous Grape

Ink:  Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow

Accessories:  
Sizzix Diamond Embossing Folder; Stampin' Up Oval Punches; Grape Baker's Twine; Purple Prima Flowers; White Enamel Dots





4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is so pretty - great colors and an awesome embossing folder, too!

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the color scheme! The flowers are so cheerful and take center stage! Forgive my absent on your blog posts, still catching up!

Aracelli Merla said...

Barb, this is simply stunning. I am going to have to click on that tutorial. Thank you for providing the link. I love your color scheme. It is so vibrant.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great use of the technique Barb - I love it - your card and the technique
Blessings
Maxine