Saturday, March 28, 2020

Umbrella and Slicker!


Today is the 28th, the the day I post a project for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 39th month of de-stashing-we are into our 4th year of our challenges. 

The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group and the card is due to be posted on the 28th. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Barbara posted our March challenge--March comes in like a Lion, goes out like a Lamb!

I picked one of my favorite Whipper Snapper Designs called Umbrella & Slicker along with some fun patterned paper from Echo Park Paper.  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I added the coordinating sentiment stamp from Savvy Stamps.  Yellow baker's Twine is the added embellishment!  



Here is the inside of my card, with the backside of the same paper!


If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days.  There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSMAR.  You might see many cards there is you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For April, Joyce is up.  Be sure to check back to see what we create!

Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Designs Umbrella & Slicker/Savvy Stamps Sentiment

Cardstock:  Recollections 110" White; Stampin' Up Pool Party, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz; Echo Park Paper Celebrate Spring-Flowers

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Yellow Baker's Twine



6 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh how cute! I love images that have umbrellas in them, so of course, I love the image you chose. And your card is extra cute!!!

Suzy Sprague said...

Cute card, Barb! I love the paper you used inside and out. Fits this card perfectly!

MiamiKel said...

Very sweet! This is an adorable and perfect image for the challenge! Hugs!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a cutie Barb - and so beautifully done too.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling in=mage and such pretty DP! This card screams Spring!

Margaret said...

Such a cute image and I love the sentiment.