Monday, November 15, 2021

Celebrating the Season



Today is the 15th and the day we post our card for our group, the Crafty Card Ladies!   The team names are the Pearls and the Diamonds--very Classy names for us!   For our November Challenge, Carol is the hostess for the Diamonds--the team I am on and Shelly is the hostess for the Pearls.   And we are all team Classy Card Ladies!  

This is the information that Carol sent to us: This month is Shelley's last month being a Pearl. We have been talking about the kit for awhile and I let Shelly pick the theme. She chose Celebrate the Season and we will be doing a tick-tac-toe card. I have never done one but in chatting with Shelly it uses a tic-tac-toe card which should be included in your kit. The challenge is to pick a row and use all 3 elements in the line, but can also contain any other items as well. Please let us know which line you chose to use so we can see on your creation the items you chose from the kit to match the line on the tic-tac-toe card. Shelly also said that she was using a image from Unity as she chose to purchase stamps for her group. I went to check it out and chose to also buy stamps for everyone as well.

Yes, this is the last month for Shelly to be with us as well as some of the other Classy Card Ladies.  Since we do not post a card made from a kit that is sent in December, we are showcasing our last card for this group--it has been a fantastic time! Carol did send us a sweet Unity stamp set called Winter Joy.  Thanks so much Carol--I love this set!  She also sent us the Tic-Tac-Toe board and I have checked off the boxes I have used--4 corners, plus the top row.  She also included some sweet Winter patterned paper, along with great ribbons ribbons and embellishments. 



I colored the cute snowman with my Copic Sketch Markers and added Lawn Fawn Prisma glitter to his hat, jacket and the snow he is on.  I die cut the image and a red layer with some circle dies. I picked the sweet silver dotted paper as it looked like small snowflakes.  I used the sentiment from the same set and flagged the ends.  The ribbon I picked from the ones Carol sent is so pretty, showcasing shiny blue and silver dots.  I added 2 of the large snowflakes and 3 of the iridescent enamel dots around the right star (cut they are hard to see)  This was fun card to make!



Here is the inside of my card, on a layer of another pretty patterned paper that Carol also sent:



I hope all of the Classy Card Ladies enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Diamonds as well the Pearls have created this month.  There are two members who do not have blogs: Suzy who is on the Diamond team and Debby who is a Pearl. You will be able to check out their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.  All of the others should be found on my left sidebar.  I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!  

As I noted above, this is the last month of the Classy Card Ladies Challenge.  Some of us will be back in January of 2022 with a new name, a returning member rejoining us, but missing some of the ladies who are in our current group.  It has been a blast--thanks!!!!!

Image/Sentiment:  Unity Stamps Winter Joy

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler; Assorted Patterned Papers

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Stampin' Up Mini Banner Punch, Linen Thread; Iridescent Snowflakes and gems; Dotted Ribbon; Lawn Fawn Prisma Glitter




7 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun is your image! I am loving the shimmery card you created! Great use of the Tic-Tac-Toe board! Fun duel!

Tracie said...

Great card with that adorable image. Such a cute snowman.

Darlene LeTavec said...

CUTE!!!! Love the shiny silver paper panel on the front and all of the bling. Very creative use of the blue and silver dots! The image is adorable and colored perfectly. Love the finishing touch for the inside.

Carol W said...

I love your card both inside and out...and the glitter. mwahhhhh. Great job.

kiwimeskreations said...

Barb this is an absolutely gorgeous card - love it!! You have really excelled yourself this month :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute snowman colored to perfection. Barb, your card is absolutely adorable!

MiamiKel said...

Barb, this is CUTE! Love the whimsical vibes with your card and just the coloring alone is va va voom gorgeous! Fun card!