Sunday, November 7, 2021

Edward the Elf Celebrates!



This is my November Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS.  She hosted for 5 years and now Faith has taken over for year #6. We will continue as we have in the past with each month a new hostess gives us a scripture and challenges us to make a card with that theme. 

Shelly is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:


Scripture: Matthew 18 1-5:  At that time the disciples approached Jesus and said, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? He called a child over, placed it in their midst, and said, “Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever receives one child such as this in my name receives me.


Challenge: Make a card using a child (pure of heart and simplicity).


I am not sure my card--really the image--reflects the scripture and challenge Shelly provided.  I looked through my stamps and did not find many with children, so I went with a Christmas card highlighting an elf!  Maybe not a child, but he is small.............  So--this is a Whipper Snapper Designs wood mounted stamp called Edward Elf-I love love my winter WSD stamps!  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and layered the image and background with Sizzix Dotted Oval Dies.  The background and red strip is from a Lawn Fawn paper pack called Let It Shine--love the festive colors.  I added a bit more shine by using a strip cut from The Paper Cut's Gold Mirripaper.  The sentiment is a from a Simon Says Stamp package of sentiment strips. The final touch are a few enamel dots.   I really love the colors and like the look of this card! 



Here is the inside of my card:



I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! 

Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Designs Edward Elf/Simon Says Stamp Christmas Sentiment Strips

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White and Gold Mirricard; Stampin' Up Real Red, Just Jade; Lawn Fan Let It Shine Patterned Paper Package

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Sizzix Dotted Oval Dies; Copic Sketch Markers; Green Enamel Dots




1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Adorable! I have that elf stamp, too... and think he is just way too cute. I'm glad you chose to use him on this card!