Saturday, November 20, 2021

Ready, Set, Go a bit late



Today is not the third Wednesday of the month, but it is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! For the third month in a row, I am late............  The 3 of us, Kelly, Jeanette and me, are back with another challenge for November, our 55th month!  That means we are into year #5 for us.

And--just a note about 2022.  We will not be continuing this challenge next year--we will be ending this as 5 1/2 years of cards!  There have been some great cards made over this time and some very fun challenges too!   This is the last challenge that I will provide for us and it is a combination of our first challenges.



Yes I provided the challenge for us this month: I looked back at our first challenges we did back in 2017 when we started.  Kelly started off in May of ’17 and asked us to create a card using our oldest stamp and newest stamp for a card.  The following challenge that I gave in June was to use the first letters of each of the words in of Ready-Set-Go and use something on your card that starts with the same letter.  For my final challenge, I am going to combine a variation these two themes

First—pick a stamp or set that you have had for more than 5 years as a tribute to our 5+ year challenge. Then, pick another stamp or set that you have had less than 5 months-one of your most recent ones. Then—use the letters R-S-G as a guide for at least three elements on your card that start with those letters.  Your card will showcase 2 different stamps or sets—an oldie and newer one, along with three special elements, reflecting the words Ready-Set-Go. 

I have truly enjoyed our monthly challenges and let’s go out in style with card #55, our second to last card!  Ready?  Set? Go!\


I picked a Stampabilities wood mounted stamp that I think I have had forever that I use often around Thanksgiving called Eat Beef.  The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp monthly kit that I bought recently--it is from a sheet of sentiment strips.   I colored the turkey with my Copic Sketch Markers and flagged the ends of the sentiment. The background paper is also from the same Simon Says Stamp kit from P13-The Four Seasons Autumn. A few more S's!  I added a layer of gold Mirricard for some glimmer and a G!  The gold ribbon was placed under the sentiment--a use of the R.   I added a few orange enamel dots for the final touch.


R--Ribbon        S--Simon Says Stamp, Stampabilities        G--Gold






Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Jeanette is up for the final theme, so be sure to check back to see what we finish our challenges with on December 16th. 

Image/Sentiment: Stampabilities Eat Beef/Simon Says Stamp Thanksgiving Sentiment Strips

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:   The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White, Gold Mirricard; Stampin' Up Cajun Craze, Early Espresso; P13 The Four Seasons Autumn

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Orange Enamel Dots; Stampin' Up Gold Ribbon




1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your take on the theme is perfect and timely, too... in time for Thanksgiving!