Monday, September 16, 2019

Colorful Rainbow


It is time for another Hot Mess card. This is card number 2, so I think I will highlight the theme again.   The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly recently making a card and using the #hotmess on her Instagram post.  As we were texting back and forth, she said we should come up with a new group and she volunteered me to set it up! I then asked Jeanette, part of our other three groups to join us in this challenge and I also asked Terry if she wanted to be a part of the messiness!  So--we are a group of 4 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  Most months there will not be a theme--like our inaugural month of August!   But, some times one of us might toss out a challenge for the group--so stay tuned!

Side Note--you are sure to realize that today is not the 12th and above I state we will post every month on the 12th.  Well--I messed up in the Hot Mess Group.  We posted on the 12th last month, our first month, and it was also the 2nd Monday of the month.  For September, I was thinking we post on the 2nd Monday, which was the 9th.  Jeanette, Kelly and I post our 3 Musketeers on the 9th, so I asked to move it back a week.  I did not realize until I copied the details from last month for this post, that it was to stay on the 12th every month.  Yes, Hot Mess for Me!


For this month's messiness, I used some colors of the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse that I recently bought.  I also used a great stencil from A Colorful Life called Bare Rainbow.  They have some wonderful stencils, so please check them out!  I used blender brush to lay down the color on the stencil.  That was my second try.  The first time I used a spatula and with the lines of the rainbow, it was hard to control.  I like the smooth look from the brushes too.  I then just added a die cut from MFT from silver metallic along with a few silver sequins.



Here is the inside of my card:


Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry's and Kelly's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards! We will all be back each month, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on October 12th!  And, yes, it will be on the 12th!

Die Cut: MFT-My Favorite Things Cheers

Cardstock: Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Garden Green, Calypso Coral, So Saffron; The Paper Cut Silver Mirri Cardstock 

Ink:  Nuvo Embellishment Mousse-Custard Cream, Coral Calypso, Aloe Vera

Accessories:  A Colorful Life Bare Rainbow Stencil; Silver Sequins



3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This card looks absolutely amazing! I love with how you created the design using a stencil.... doesn't look at all messy, which is impressive.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful result from your Hot Mess Barb - I guess the 'mess' part (using the spatula) was thrown out :)
Blessings
Maxine

Terry Ladwig said...

Love the nuvo mousse! I do not have any of that....maybe I "need" some! Haha. Great card, and love that you also used a stencil! Hopefully you got messy, because the card looks pristine!