Monday, March 22, 2021

Flowers in Bloom


Here we go.  This is month #3 of another challenge for the trio of stampers—Barb, Jeanette and Kelly!  This is our 7th challenge that the three of us are doing together! This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night, similar to what Kelly has had in the past.  Plus, it is a bit of offshoot of our Stamp What Challenge! This one is called Double Duty!

 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For March, the company that I picked was MFT-My Favorite Things. They really have some sweet images, many different varieties and many have coordinating dies.  I picked the cute floral set called Flowers in Bloom--and it has matching dies!    I love the image and coordinating sentiments!



For both cards, I went with an orange theme for the poppy floral image.  I also decided I would use the same patterned paper from We R Memory Keepers Simply Spring-Baskets on both cards, as the second part of the Double Duty!

For my first card, I stamped the flower stem on a watercolor panel I had in my stash.  I think it was made with Taylored Expressions Liquid Watercolors.   I stamped the word Hello from the same stamp set and die cut it with Stampin' Up Stitched Nested Labels.  I also die cut the patterned paper background with my Gina K Designs Masters Layouts 2.




For my second card, I stamped the flower stem and die cut it.  I then embossed the image with my Stampin' Up Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder to give it a bit of fun texture.  I stamped the word Thanks from the same stamp set and die cut it with Sizzix Dotted Rectangles, along with the Calypso Coral layer.  I added some orange enamel dots on both cards.



I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards.  I used the same image and coordinating die,  the same color theme, the same patterned paper and orange enamel dots.


I hope you enjoyed my card for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Avery Elle is the company we will use in April, so be sure to check back to see how we double up and make two cards on the 22nd!

Image/Sentiment:  MFT-My Favorite Things Flowers in Bloom

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White;  Watercolor Cardstock;  Stampin' Up Calypso Coral, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight; We R Memory Keepers Simply Spring-Baskets

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:   Sizzix Dotted Rectangles Dies;  Stampin' Up Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder, Stitched Nested Labels; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; Orange Enamel Dots



2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I am in awe!!! These cards are GORGEOUS! I love love LOVE those flowers. Funny, I never really think of MFT having flowers. You've done such a great job with this month's Double Duty!

Carol W said...

wow wow wow Barb. I love both cards and the challenge is wonderful.