Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Gel Press and Embossing


This is my One Plus Twelve card, my third month of 2021!  This was the brainchild of Kelly and she asked Jeanette and me to join her in this challenge in 2019. We are to use just one stamp, to make a card every month and post on the 3rd of each month.  It was so much fun that the three of decided to continue for our third year and pick a new image to use.

For 2021, I picked a Gina K Designs set called Thankful Greenery.  I think this set is so pretty and I can see in my mind many ways that I can use this image.  Plus--I will have 12 thank you cards at the end of the year!

For this month's card, I used a technique I have seen a few videos on lately, one being by Jennifer McGuire.  I had also taken a gel press retreat earlier this year with Lydia Fiedler and dug it out to use again. I stamped the image with Versamark and used white embossing powder.  I then brayered some Taylored Expressions ink cubes across my gel press that was "mounted" to the lid of my MISTI.  Another great use for that awesome stamp tool! I then closed the lid on my embossed piece of card stock.  I then also took a blank piece of card stock and did another print from the ink remaining on the gel press-the remaining ink was where the embossed image resisted. I then wiped off the embossed image and the white became bolder.  Jennifer then inked the gel press up one or two more times to get deeper colors.  I did the same, but there is not much of a variance in color on my panel-but it is a deep, rich color.  I was not very successful with the ghost print though.  I also did a few other images with other colors of ink and tried both gold and black embossing powder.  More to come!

 I trimmed the sentiment and used a banner from Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2.  The background was embossed with my Stampin' Up Subtle Dynamic Folder for a bit of texture.  I added some white enamel dots for the final touch!



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip trimmed from the panel:



Please be sure to check out the other One plus Twelve cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog. I am sure you will enjoy checking out what stamp set each of them picked for 2021 and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card and that you might too! Be sure to check back every month on the 3rd to see our cards!

Image/Sentiment: Gina K Designs Thankful Greenery

Cardstock: The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Smokey Slate, Rich Razzleberry

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black;  Versamark-White Embossing Powder; Taylored Expressions Ink Cubes

Accessories:  Gel Press; Stampin' Up Subtle Embossing Folder; White Enamel Dots; Gina K Designs Master Layout 2 Die;




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! What a gorgeous card - and the gel press technique sounds awesome. You are so creative!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Barb - love the rich colour and the white really stands out against it
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

So vibrant and pretty in pink! The very color I'm wearing today :) Love how festive this is - I confess I'm a visual learner and could'nt follow all the steps but will go check out the video by JM! Brilliant card this month, Barb!