Thursday, October 28, 2021

Bountiful Haul



Today is the day I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 58th month of de-stash and we are in the middle of our 5th year of our challenges.  

The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Sue posted our October challenge--make a Masculine card for October, with at least one layer, some type embellishment. Can be with a sentiment or without.

I used a stamp set I remember purchasing at Junkie Fest in the summer of 2019 from the Unity pop-up booth.  It is called Bountiful Haul.  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.    I layered it on an embossed background from Stampin' Up's Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder that I die cut from Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2.    The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  I added a few SU linen thread for the final touch.




Here is the inside of my card:



If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days. There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSOCT.  You might see many cards there if you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For November, Kari is up for our challenge.  Be sure to check back to see what we create then!

Image/Sentiment: Unity Bountiful Haul Stamp Set

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Mango Melody, Old Olive, Early Espresso

Ink: 
 Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories: Stampin' Up Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder, Linen Thread; Copic Sketch Markers; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2




4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is so pretty... love the beautiful stamp you used and the way you've colored it.

Tracie said...

I just love your fall image. So festive for this time of year.

Margaret said...

Wonderful themed card since it is autumn and Thanksgiving is coming up. Pumpkins are everywhere.

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful masculine card Barb - love it. The touch of twine is fabulous
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine