Thursday, October 21, 2021

One Day Late!



Today is not the third Wednesday of the month, but it is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! For the second month in a row, I am late............  The 3 of us, Kelly, Jeanette and me, are back with another challenge for October, our 54th month!  That means we are into year #5 for us.

And--just a note about 2022.  We will not be continuing this challenge next year--we will be ending this as 5 1/2 years of cards!  There have been some great cards made over this time and some very fun challenges too!   This is the last challenge that Kelly will provide for us and it is a good one!



Kelly provided the challenge for us this month: My Santa Wishlist 

Nope.  Not A Santa image with a wish list! YOUR wish list 

Please create a card that shares with us something that you are dreaming of or longing for. Are you hoping for a vacation?  A new car? Some new stamp toys?  Peace and quiet?  Whatever reflects your heart’s desires, let your card reflect what you are wishing for. 

Ready Set Go! 


Yes- I do have a few items on my wish list. I just did buy a new car and pick up Bebe on Saturday.  So, that is checked off!  Vacation?  We have canceled our Ireland trip twice and the tentative plan is to go in May--hoping.........  New Stamp Toys?  I think I am set for awhile, but I am sure there will be something I need!  I decided that what I am really, really, really wishing for is a "normal"  Thanksgiving as we did not celebrate with our families in last year. We spend Thanksgiving day with my family in a Chicago suburb and then travel to Chicago on Friday for a celebration with Rebecca's family. None of that happened in 2021 and even though we have seen all of our family members during the summer at  various times, nothing compares to the Thanksgiving get togethers!   I love Thanksgiving--all of the food, the fun, the football and the blessings for the past and future!  Bring it on!


Back to my card--I picked 2 older, wood mounted Whipper Snapper stamps about Thanksgiving.  Neither have a name on them and I looked on the site and they are not there--so yes they are older.................  I colored the turkey with my Copic Sketch Markers and fussy cut him out.  I also colored in a couple of the letters of the sentiment.  The background paper is from Heritage Makers and is in the Thanksgiving package.  I added a few orange enamel dots for the final touch.






Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. I is up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in November.  Pressure is on as it will be my last theme for this challenge!

Image/Sentiment: Whipper Snapper Designs--turkey and sentiment

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:   The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry; Heritage Makers-Our Memories For Life Thanksgiving Patterned Paper Pack

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Orange Enamel Dots




1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is soooo cute! Love the WS stamps! And yes, I too hope you get your wish. Bring on family time at Thanksgiving!