Monday, October 11, 2021

In Stitches



This is my October card for the monthly themed swap that Terry is hosting on SCS. Each month she will post a theme and we make cards using any stamp set we believe follows that thought. This is our 65th month and the theme for October is "You Had Me in Stiches--Sewing, Stitched Dies. Puns"

I decided to go with stitching dies and a Christmas Card.  I stamped a sweet sentiment from my Gina K Designs Noel set. I die cut that along with a background layer from CottageCutz Single Stitched Oval dies.  The background is Stampin' Up's Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper. I added a flag of Crumb Cake 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon and some kraft enamel dots.  I think this is a fun card and a sweet Christmas Card.



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the patterned paper:



I hope Terry and the others swappers like my card this month too! Terry has already posted the November theme, along with all of the 2022 themes as we do not swap in December.  Be sure to come back in to see what we create!  

Image/Sentiment: Gina K Designs Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Real Red, Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper

Ink:  Stampin' Up Real Red

Accessories:  Stampin' Up 3/8" Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon; CottageCutz Single Stitched Dies; Kraft Enamel Dots




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is so pretty. Lovely design with the gorgeous stripes!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such an elegant card Barb - love the way you have showcased the sentiment, and those wee flags of ribbon are the perfect finishing touch
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine