Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Autumn Thank You


Today is the day I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 69th month of de-stash, so we are getting to the end of our 6th year of challenges. I really like these challenges and know they will continue as I know I have many, many items in my stash that I can use and love the fun challenges!


The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Vickie posted our September challenge--Autumn Leaves.  Use a leaf or leaves  on your card or project.

I recently received an order from Impression Obsession Stamps with some fun dies and a sweet 6x6 patterned paper package called Autumn Scenes!  Perfect--so I broke it out and created a thank you card.  I am on a mission the past month or so to create thank you cards for the Stewardship Team that I am on at my church.  We started sending a handmade card--by me--in 2020 to all members who returned their pledge card.  I think we have sent about 75-80 the past 2 years, so I need to make that number again as I have depleted my stash of those kinds of cards.  I also want them to be pretty flat for mailing since there are a couple of us who write the notes and mail.  

I picked a fun pattern of leaves for the background and die cut the Thank You words three times for some dimension.  I added a layer of vellum for a softer look behind the words.  The orange enamel dots are the final touch!

 


Here is the inside of my card with a strip of the patterned paper:



If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days. There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSSEP.  You might see many cards there if you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For October, Pansy is up for our challenge.  Be sure to check back to see what we create then!


Image/Sentiment:   Impression Obsession Thank You Die

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, So Saffron, Vellum; Impression Obsession Stamps Autumn Scenes 6x6 Patterned Paper Pack

Ink:
 None

Accessories:  Orange Enamel Dots

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this card is gorgeous! I love that DP for the background... and your beautiful thank you panel is the perfect addition! Well done on making cards for the church!

Tracie said...

What a beautiful card. Such pretty background paper.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a delightful card Barb - love that vellum panel and it shows off the greeting beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine