Monday, September 12, 2022

Hot Mess Smiles!


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 40, so we are into year #4. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness I went back to one of my favorite and messy techniques--using Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks!  I thought the colors looked like a stormy sky or even water and waves.    So--I grabbed my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 5 and die cut the window and frame.   I die cut the inked panel and navy layer with my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2.  I then picked a perfect sentiment from Taylored Anytime Expressions and I think it is perfect for a friend as you might be gazing out of a window.  I die cut the sentiment from another Gina K Master Layouts, this time #4.  Three different Gina K Master Layouts on this card--record for me!  I did not add any bling as I wanted a more clean and simple card!




I really like the look of this card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies liked them too!  

Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on September 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Anytime Expressions Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy

Ink:  Stampin' Up Night of Navy; Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks

Accessories:  Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2, 4 and 5; 

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is stunning! The dark messy/inky background looks fabulous and the white window framing is perfect! Well done!

Carol W said...

I love this card Barb. The alcohol technique has always been one of my favorites and you do it so well. Beautiful card.