Thursday, September 15, 2022

It's a Free For All

 


Today is the 15th and that means the Dueling Darlings are back to post their fun cards!  This group was founded 10 years ago and there are a few of us that are the original members.  Kelly and Jeanette are still our team leaders and they try so hard to keep us all in line and going strong!  On team Kelly are Terry, Carol and me.  Team Jeanette consists of Lorraine, Darlene and Tracie.  And, we are all Dueling Darlings!  


This month the kits were sent by Terry and Darlene!  The theme is "It's a Free For All! Darlene and Terry sent out a sweet kit.  They decided to share some stamps that they have received free from some of their favorite stamp companies   Terry sent each of  us a sweet Altenew stamp set.  In fact I received two kits as the first one took the scenic route to my house from Terry's who lives just over an hour away from me! She sent a second kit and of course, they both arrived on the same day!  So--I had options for the stamp set and I picked Carved Rose! Terry also sent some cute patterned paper from The Paper Studio and a whole bunch of fun ribbons and embellishments.  

I stamped the rose with Real Red and then also stamped and cut another rose from Gina K's Masking Magic.  I then stamped the leaves with Garden Green. I stamped the sentiments from the same set.   I die cut the image and black backer with Gina Marie Designs Criss Crossed Circles. I picked an Altenew Embossing Folder called Floating Foliage for the background.  I used the white grosgrain ribbon Terry included for the bow.   The final touch was adding some rhinestones around the image.  This was fun card to make!  Thank you Terry for sending me a sweet Altenew stamp set, or two...........................





I hope all of the Dueling Darlings enjoy my card this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted,    All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate and my partner Lorraine does not have a blogs, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   October is listed as a surprise, so I am not sure what Kelly and Jeanette have planned for us!


Image/Sentiment: Altenew Carved Rose

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White;  Stampin' Up Garden Green, Basic Black; 

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; Stampin' Up Real Red, Garden Green

Accessories:  Gina Marie Designs Criss Cross Circle Dies; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Rhinestones; Altenew Floating Foliage Embossing Folder

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What. a. beauty! That rose is gorgeous and the design definitely makes it the focal point. Lovely! And how funny that both kits arrived the same day. Who'd a thunk it, right?

Lorraine said...

I love everything about your card! So pretty!

Carol W said...

Barb your card is classy and striking. The set you used is great and I love the embossed background behind the image. Great card for this challenge.

Carol W said...

P.S. I love how you know just where to place your rhinestones. They always look so nice.

Darlene LeTavec said...

Wow! What an American Beauty that rose is!!! (get it? lol) Seriously though, it's very pretty! What a perfect embossed panel for the background, too! Doesn't it just figure that both kits would arrive on the same day? Crazy!