Thursday, September 22, 2022

Double Duty Impression Obsession


Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 21st month, so we are in the toward to end year #2.  


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For September, the company we are using is Impression Obsession.  First, a bit of an admission.....................  I made these cards on Tuesday night during a virtual class that Sarah, from The Paper Cut, did using Impression Obsession products.  It is a coincidence that the company that Sarah partnered with was IO--but since I did not have any cards done or even planned for this month, I feel it is divine intervention.  Impression Obsession has many fn products--stamps, dies, inks, stencils, etc.  I even placed an order Tuesday night as there were some fun dies and a layered stencil that I wanted. These cards showcase two holiday stencils from IO called Poinsettia and Christmas Tree Stars. The words Merry Christmas are also IO dies from the Typewriter Sentiments set.  Yes, I did not use a stamp this month so that might be considered another cheat, but it is what it is!!!!!!!!!!





For the cards on the top, these were ink blended with each of the stencils.  The bottom two cards also used the stencils, but I applied Simon Hurley's Lunar Paste.  The Warm Winter Wishes die is from The Paper Cut as is all of the fun cardstocks! Some are metallics and others are sweet colors!  These were by no means my designs--I thank Sarah for her creativity and making the kits for us in class.  






So again, I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards. I used two stencils on each set of cards.  I used the Merry Christmas words on the Opal/Red cards and Warm Winter Wishes on the Peacock/White cards.  Each of the 4 cards also have 3 layers on the scored card base.  Rhinestones were the final touch on all of the cards! 


I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards.  Yes, I did cheat a bit this month, but I did not want to miss  posting date and I did not want to rush through 2 cards highlighting the sweet Impression Obsession line of products!  Thanks Bunches Sarah and The Paper Cut for a fun class and 4 great cards for me to show off this month!

Here is a link to Jeanette's,  Darlene and Carol's blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  Our friend Kelly might occasionally post a card for our challenge, but she could not commit to the entire year.  So, check her blog to see if she did play along this month!

Gina K Designs is up for our October challenge, so be sure to check out our cards on the 22nd!  And I promise to design my own cards!


Image/Sentiment:  Impression Obsession Typewriter Sentiments/The Paper Cut Warm Winter Wishes Dies

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Gold and Silver Mirricard; Antique, Mars and Opal Stardream Metallic; White Lady Cocktail, Red and Peacock Curious Metallic; 

Ink:  Pinkfresh Studio Ink Cubes; Simon Hurley Lunar Paste

Accessories:  Impression Obsession Poinsettia and Christmas Stars Stencils; Rhinestones

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I read words like "admission" and "cheated" but what I saw was gorgeous cards which means I think you are a "winner". Well done, friend!

Carol W said...

I really think that you were clever using these cards. They are great cards and give a different twist on how you can change up the cards for double duty. Kudos to both you and Sarah great job.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous results from your 'cheat' Barb - you did use the correct companies product, so I wouldn't call it cheating - just stretching the challenge a bit ;)
Blessings
Maxine