Thursday, November 17, 2022

Digging out Perfect Pearls

 


I watched a video recently by Jennifer McGuire and I loved the cards she made.   I have also seen quite  few other cards on social media using the same technique--so I had to try!  Jennifer called it "Your Favorite Inking Technique" and it sure is fun to do!  I decided to make 4 panels with different ink colors along with different embossing folders and I sure like the result!

The steps are very easy and I recommend you watch Jennifer's video on her 11-11-2022 blog post for her tips.  I started out with white panels and put purple tape or mint tape along the edges.  The width of the tape determines the size of the inked rectangle.   Then, I picked various colors of Tim Holtz Distress Inks and used my round blending tool to heavily ink the colors on the panel. Next is the fun and shiny part.  I used Ranger Perfect Pearls to add sparkle and shine to the inked rectangle.  I do not think I have used Perfect Pearls in many years.  I then lightly rubbed the panel with a soft towel before carefully remove the tape.  It can be reused if the ink is wiped off.   

Then I picked some 3-D embossing folders and Jennifer recommends using geometric patterns.  I also picked an Altenew folder with tropical leaves.  You can also spritz a bit of water on the back of the inked panel before running through the folder so it does not crack.  I then added various die cuts to the front-all are layered three times.  I used gold and silver metallic cardstock for the top layer on each of the sentiment die cuts.  No additional bling is needed, though some enamel dots might be cute.  

I trimmed each of the panels by a 1/4" and layered on a white card base.  You can use any colors of inks and the shine of the Perfect Pearls really adds a layer of shimmer and shine.  Thank you Jennifer McGuire for showing us this sweet technique--I love it!

 



I hope you enjoyed my cards and also try this fun inky technique.   And, dig out that little tub of Perfect Pearls!


Image/Sentiment: Various sentiment die sets

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White

Ink:  
Various Tim Holtz Distress Ink

Accessories:  Ranger Perfect Pearls; Various 3-D Embossing Folders

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these cards look fabulous! I need to learn more about these Perfect Pearls.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Barb. I did the original technique years ago, and was intrigued by this update - love your results!!
Blessings
Maxine

Margaret said...

Very pretty cards, Barb. I've never tried this technique, but it looks like it would be a fun one. Love the colors you used.