Monday, November 7, 2022

Thanksgiving

 


This is my November Crafters of Faith card.  This is a sweet group on SCS that Faye hosts.  We are on year #7. We will continue as we have in the past with each month a new hostess gives us a scripture and challenges us to make a card with that theme. 

Faye is her own hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:

Scripture:  Luke 8:39 "Return to your house and describe what great things God has done for you." 

Challenge:  Share a card or scrapbook page describing what God has done for you.

I decided that God has allowed me to be thankful for many things--many people!  With Thanksgiving in a few weeks, I decided to use a wood mounted stamp from one of my favorite line from Paper Inspirations called Thanksgiving Calligraphy!   I love this stamp so much, I decided to make three cards!   I inked up the stamp in Early Espresso and stamped on Ivory cardstock.  The background paper is from Photo Play Fall Breeze called Autumn Leaves.  Brown twine is the only additional item.  



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the sweet patterned paper.




I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! 

Image/Sentiment:  Paper Inspirations Thanksgiving Calligraphy

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections 110# Ivory; Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Mango Melody; Photoplay Paper Fall Breeze-Autumn Leaves

Ink:   Stampin' Up Early Espresso

Accessories:   Brown Twine

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I love that stamp you used on your cards, too. I think it might be the best Thanksgiving stamp I've ever seen. Your cards are beautiful inside and out!

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful set of cards Barb - I have a friends stamp similar to that one. Love the way you have used the limited colour palette
Blessings
Maxine