Saturday, November 12, 2022

Thankful

 


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 42, so we are into year #4. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness,  I again went back to one of my favorite and messy techniques--using Alcohol Inks on Yupo Cardstock!  I used an orange, red and yellow ink colors for all three cards-and I have a few leftover too!  For the two cards on the left, I die cut the inked panel with a Rubbernecker Stamp die called Diamond with Stitches Cover Plate.  I laid a piece of Press 'n Seal on the top of the panel and then applied liquid glue to the back inserts--the small pieces between the frame.    I then laid the panel on a piece of white cardstock and pressed the inlaid colorful pieces with glue in place.  That is the top card on the left.  I then glued the outside frame onto an orange panel. Both of these panels were then attached to a cardbase.  For the card on the right, I die cut a Whimsy Stamp checkerboard Cover Plate in white and then placed it over another inked panel.  I die cut Impression Obsessions Thankful a number of times from three different colors that I used on all three cards--each are also stacked three times for dimension.  I added some enamel dots on each card as the final touch.  






I now have three more cards to add to my stash of thank you cards that will be needed for our Stewardship Campaign at church as we will be starting to send them after pledge cards are due on the 20th.  I really like the look of both of these cards and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies liked them too!  

Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry's, Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on December 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Impression Obsession Thankful Die 

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White; Yupo Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Mango Melody

Ink:  Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks-red, orange, yellow

Accessories:  Rubbernecker Stamps Diamond with Stitches Cover Plate; Whimsy Stamps Checkerboard Cover Plate; Enamel Dots; Press 'N Seal

3 comments:

Cup&Ink said...

Barb, I just popped over from SCS to see your blog and saw this post. What a fun idea to just get messy and see how it goes! lol Love the vibrant backgrounds you created. So fun!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these gorgeous orange thank you cards will be a bit hit in the church ministry. Well done! I really like how the alcohol ink look on yupo paper!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a stunning use of the inks and die cuts to make these beautiful cards Barb - they are so vibrant and cheerful - I am sure they will be appreciated
Blessings
Maxine