Sunday, March 12, 2023

Feel Better Soon



 Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.   This is card number 46, so we are into year #4. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I picked a fun stencil, a few tubs of paste and a sweet die set--just like I did in March!  The stencil is from Newton's Nook and is called Basketweave!  I used three different colors of paste-all Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.  The colors are Coastal Surf, Toasted Almond and Old Navy.  The die is  are from Impression Obsession and are called Honey Bee Dies.  I die cut the panel after it dried with my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2--my absolute favorite die to use for a card front panel.   The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp called Feel Better Soon-comes with a backer and the word.   I die cut the words from The Paper Cut's Gold Mirricard and the backer is in Night of Navy. I added a strip of Navy Velvet Ribbon on the bottom and some navy enamel dots around the card!




I really like the look of my card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like it too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on April 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Simon Says Stamp Feel Better Soon Die and Backer

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Gold Mirricard, 100# Cougar Opaque White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy

Ink:  Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Coastal Surf, Toasted Almond, Old Navy

Accessories:   Newton's Nook Basketweave Stencil; Navy Velvet Ribbon; Navy Enamel Dots; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your Hot Mess card looks fabulous with the colorful basketweave background and perfect sentiment die, too.

Darlene LeTavec said...

Barb, this is really a great card! I really like that stencil and the colors of embellishment mouse are very pretty. The sentiment dies accent the card perfectly.

kiwimeskreations said...

A delightful card Barb - love the stencilled background - that colour combination is stunning!!
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

This card is awesome Barb. Hoping you are having a great trip.