Saturday, April 15, 2023

African Queen

 




Today is the 15th and this is my card for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 7 and all one team--Jeanette, Carol, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit.  This month Carol sent us all a sweet kit.   Well, actually 4 of the 7 of us received the kit hand delivered by Carol at the end of last month at the No Foolin' Retreat that I hosted!

Did you know that April 8th is National Zoo Lover Day?  I did not and I think most of us had no clue.   Carol then used that theme to send us a fun image she loved as soon as she saw it.  She sent everyone this cute giraffe image called African Queen from Artful Stamper.  She die cut the some of the camel images for us to use and that is one that I picked!   The kit had some very sweet papers along with fun ribbons and some bling!  And, some eyelashes!  More on that in a bit!

I ink blended over the giraffe that was die cut with my Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide Ink.  I used one of the sweet papers Carol included for the layers along with the giraffe patterned paper.  I found a perfect sentiment on an older wood block stamp in my animal bin. I stamped it in black and punched out the sentiment and backer with my circle punches.  The die cut leaves were included in the kit from Carol, so I layered behind the giraffe. I added some bling round the card.  This was fun card to make!



Oops--forgot about the eyelashes.  Yes, there were eyelashes in the kit:



And, Carol asked us to say what our favorite zoo animal is.   I have been to the National Zoo in Washington DC and have been able to see the pandas.   They are so cute!

I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my card this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blog, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   

We will be back in May with the kit Tracie is sending us.  Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun she has planned!


Image/Sentiment: Artful Stamper African Queen/Sentiment is on a wood block but no company is listed.

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White;  Stampin' Up Early Espresso; African Safari Patterned Paper; Bazzill black and cream

Ink:   Black; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Gathered Twigs

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Circle Punches; Die Cut Leaves; Gems

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I love that you added a sentiment (I wanted to do that, too, but couldn't figure out what sentiment to use.) I also really like that you incorporated the gorgeous DP on your card. Well done!

Darlene LeTavec said...

What a fantastic card! Your sentiment is perfect for this. I really like the big strip of DP across the bottom and using black background really makes it pop. All around, this is a wonderful card!

Carol W said...

Barb, I love your card. Great use of the kit. The layout is great with the papers and I really like the close up of the eyelashes. Great job with this kit. Well done!

Tracie said...

What a sweet card. Sentiment is perfect

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning card Barb - I love how you have used the gorgeous image, and eye lashes!! An awesome result. That paper is perfect, and I love the leaves behind your African Queen
Blessings
Maxine