Saturday, April 22, 2023

Inky Bouquet by PFS


Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 28th month, so we are now in year #3


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For April, the company we showcasing is Pinkfresh Studio.  They have so many awesome stamp sets--plus so many have coordinating dies, stencils and even some hot foil plates along with rolls of large washi tape!!!!!!  Pinkfresh Studio has been one of my favorite companies over the past year or so as I have participated in all of their virtual Create & Connect events.  I have also had the pleasure to meet two of their designers who also do live FB events every week, Lea and Heather,  in person at a retreat last fall!  They are both so sweet and talented.  

The stamp combo I picked for April is Inky Bouquet.  This set does include a matching 6 piece stencil set and a die for the image.  For the first card, I stamped the image with my Hero Arts Intense Black ink and colored it with my Copic Sketch Markers. I die cut the image with the matching die.  I then die cut a panel for the background three times with my Whimsy Stamps Checkerboard die.  The sentiment is also a PFS sentiment from one of their foiled sentiments packs.  I added some Pinkfresh gold pearls in some of the squares.   



For the second card, I stamped the image with the same black ink and then used the stencils for color. I used Pinkfresh ink cubes along with my blender brushes, including some of my new PFS mini brushes!   I also die cut the image with the coordinating die.  The background panel this time is a Pinkfresh Simply Diamonds cover plate.  The sentiment is again from a PFS Foiled Sentiment package along with the gold pearls.





Both cards look very different, but using the same stamp set--one colored with Copic Markers and the other with brush blended colors over the stencil.  I used a cover plate on both cards, along with a Pinkfresh Foiled sentiment and gold pearls.






I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards. Here is a link to Jeanette'sDarlene’s  and  Carol's blogs.   I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  

Next month the company we are using is Taylored Expressions--another favorite of all of us!  So be sure to check out our cards on May 22nd!  


Image/Sentiment:  Pinkfresh Studio Inky Bouquet Stamp Set, plus stencil set and die/Foilled Sentiments

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Calypso Coral, Merry Merlot 

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black; Pinkfresh Studio Fresh Pear, Coral Reef, Ocean Breeze, Lemon Whip, Peach Fuzz

Accessories:  Pinkfresh Simply Diamonds Cover Plate, Gold Pearls; Copic Sketch Markers; Whimsy Stamps Checkerboard Cover Plate

3 comments:

Darlene LeTavec said...

Wow Barb, these are great! Really eye catching cover plates on each card, I especially like the Diamond one. It's so amazing how the same stamp set can be used so differently!

kiwimeskreations said...

Two gorgeous cards Barb - so very different, and yet with so many of the elements the same. Well done
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What beauties! The stamp you chose to use is so pretty and it looks amazing on both cards!