Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Hello


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.   This is card number 47, so we are coming to and end of year #4. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I picked a bottle of Creative Expressions Opal Polish in Golden Glow.  Darlene is the one who got me hooked on these a couple of years ago.  I then picked out a fun embossing folder from Spellbinders called Circle Illusion.  I rubbed the polish all over the embossing folder and then added a piece of black cardstock.  I then ran it through my Big Shot and it pressed the color into the embossed cardstock.  I did it on both sides to see which embossing I liked best.   I die cut the panel after it dried with my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2--my absolute favorite die to use for a card front panel. I added a black layer behind the embossed panel, cut with the same die set.  I then die cut my Taylored Expressions Framed Script Hello Die three times from black and placed it in the center of the panel.   The sentiment is from a Gina K Designs Sentiment strip.  I added some Trinity Stamps Midnight Ball embellishments around the card!





I really like the look of my card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like it too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on May 12th.  

Image/Sentiment: Expressions Framed Script Hello Die and Gina K Designs Sentiment Strip

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Basic Black, Crumb Cake

Ink:  None

Accessories:   Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; Creative Expressions Opal Polish-Golden Glow; Trinity Stamps Midnight Ball Embellishments; Spellbinders Circle Illusion Embossing Folder

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is so pretty - lovely rich colors and design!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Oh, oh, OH!!! How beautiful is this?? I love it. The TE framed script is perfect since it shows the rich panel texture and shine behind it. This is really a wonderful card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning result from your messy play Barb. Love it
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Barb what a great card. The polish really is stunning and the hello is the perfect focal point.