Friday, September 15, 2023

A Die that is NOT a Die!

 


Today is the 15th and this is my card for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 7 and all one team--Jeanette, Carol, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit.  This month Jeanette sent a challenge for September and it was quite a challenge for me!  The theme is A Die that's NOT a Die! She sent us a Your Next Stamp Stitched Scallop Edge Die and the challenge to not use it in the traditional way.  Hmmmmm--get the thinking cap on!

I pondered and decided to try to emboss with the die.  I thought it would be fun to emboss on some glitter paper from The Paper Cut.  I used an embossing rubber pad in my Big Shot and picked 4 Christmas Colors--gold, white, red and green.  I then cut each of the pieces I embossed into a 3/4" strip.


Even though it is a bit hard to see, there is a stitched scallop on each color!  I then adhered each of the embossed strips on a piece of cardstock and then used a MFT Blueprints 27 die to make a scalloped edge on the panel.  I picked a Creative Expressions Christmas Die called Tis the Season to Sparkle die and used the same white glitter cardstock.  It is layered three times for some dimension on the front of the card.   I then used a white cardbase for the glitter panel.  Some red and green glitter enamel dots complete the card! 

This was fun card to make and I loved the challenge Jeanette set for us!  And, we each got a die as a gift too!  And, I can use it to cut next time!  And, I am aware the top row is a bit wonky and I am not sure what happened--better than horrible, aka, Gina K!





I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my card this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blog, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   

This is the end of round number one.  We have all said we are coming back for round number 2, starting in October.  Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what we all create!


Image/Sentiment:   Creative Expression Tis the Season to Sparkle Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White,  Gold, White, Red, Green Glitter Cardstock

Ink:  None

Accessories:  Your Next Stamp Stitched Scallop Edge Die; MFT-My Favorite Things Blueprints 27 Die; Red and Green Glitter Enamel Dots

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is such a creative card! Embossing with that die never crossed my mind. I love love LOVE the look! Well done! And definitely better than horrible. ;)

kiwimeskreations said...

Now that was an inspired use of the die Barb, with a fabulous result - well done!
Blessings
Maxine

Tracie said...

What a great idea to emboss with it. Such a fun card

Darlene LeTavec said...

Wow, Barb! What an innovative way to use the die! Good technique too otherwise it would cut right through the paper. I love the layout, the colors and sentiment script. Nicely done!

Carol W said...

Great job Barb with the challenge Jeanette sent. I struggled with it a bit UT so much fun. To try and figure out. Awesome.