Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Hot Mess~Success

 


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.   This is card number 52, so we are into year #5. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I used some of my Simon Hurley Lunar Pastes.  I really like using them as they dry very fast and have some fun colors.  I picked Monty Fresh, Gold Rush and Bee Sting.  The stencil I picked was Hero Arts Deco Pattern.  

I picked a fun die from Lawn Fawn called Giant Thank You.  I die cut it three times from The Paper Cut Antique Gold Metallic and stacked together.  I also layered the stenciled panel on the same Antique Gold.   I added a few gold enamel dots around the card.  




I really like the look of my card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like them too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on October 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Lawn Fawn Giant Thank You Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100 White Cougar Opaque, Antique Gold Metallic; Stampin' Up Shaded Spruce

Ink:  Simon Hurley Lunar Paste in Minty Fresh, Gold Rush, Bee Sting

Accessories:  Hero Arts Deco Pattern Stencil; Gold Enamel Dots

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your Hot Mess card looks awesome! It is amazing how much difference it makes to layer up, isn't it?

Carol W said...

Barb I love your Hot Mess card so unique and striking....

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning result from your 'messy' session Barb - I love it!
Blessings
Maxine