Thursday, September 7, 2023

Take Time to Coast

 


This is my September Crafters of Faith card.  This is a sweet group on SCS that Faye hosts.  And, Jeanette is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:


Scripture:  Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Challenge:   Create a card or project that depicts rest.


I picked a sweet Gina K Designs stamp set called Time to Coast.  There are some very pretty images and coordinating sentiments.  I picked out this lighthouse image along the shore. I ink blended an oval on my background with Taylored Expressions Gumball and Blueberry inks.  I then decided to die cut a Gina Marie Designs Peekaboo Oval from Night of Navy Cardstock to layer over the top.  The ovals did not completely line up so I added some additional ink around the edges--missed some on the bottom right.......  I then embossed the die cut panel with my Stampin' Up  Seaside folder.  I added foam tape behind the die cut panel for a bit of a framed look. I die cut the sentiment from a Taylored Expressions Sentiment Labels.    Pinkfresh Studio Sapphire Glitter Drops complete the card.  





I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month! We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!  I have our October challenge, so be sure to check back!

Image/Sentiment:  Gina K Designs Time To Coast Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; Taylored Expressions Gumball and Blueberry
 
Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Sentiment Label Die; Gina Marie Design Peekaboo Oval Die; Stampin' Up Seaside Embossing Folder; Pinkfresh Studio Sapphire Glitter Dots

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is amazing! Love the blue. Love the nautical look. Love the sentiment. Outstanding job with your CoF card!