Friday, September 22, 2023

Two Snowmen with Presents!

 


Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 33rd month, so we are now in year #3


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For September, the company we picked was Rubbernecker Stamps.  I love this company and the owners too!  I demoed a number of years ago--like probably 12 years ago, for Dave and Rubbernecker at a local stamp show in the Milwaukee area.  I think I did it for 3 or 4 years and had a blast.  Now Dave's son Rob is also in the business and I had the pleasure to meet him at a show in Illinois in August.  They really make some fun stamps and dies.  Plus fun stencils and inks and many, many other crafty items.  

I picked the fun stamp called Snowman With Present.  I have a single rubber stamp but this image is also a part of a fun snowman set with coordinating words and dies.   

For both cards, I used an embossing folder and a oval die.  I also colored each of the snowmen with my Copic Sketch Markers and his hat in shades of green.  I also added Wink of Stella to the body of each of the guys along with rhinestones on both cards.




For the first card, I die cut a Studio Katia Dotted Nested Oval from a white panel and then used a Sizzix Snowflake 3-D Embossing Folder.  I then placed the colored image behind the oval and used foam tape all around the snowy panel.  I added rhinestones in the center of a number of the snowflakes



For the second card, I used a panel from The Paper Cut's White Glitter cardstock to emboss with a Simon Says Stamp Oval Frame.  I die cut the colored image with the same Studio Katia Dotted Oval die and layered it three times for some dimension. I used the same rhinestones in the middle of some of the snowflakes on the embossed panel.  



Again, both cards use an embossed folder, the same Studio Katia die and rhinestones in the center of the snowflakes.  I colored both images with my Copic Sketch Markers and added Wink of Stella for some shimmer on their bodies!





I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards. Here is a link to Jeanette'sDarlene’s  and  Carol's blogs.   I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  

Next month we are using Lawn Fawn Stamps--should be some cute cards.  So be sure to check out our cards on October 22nd!  


Image/Sentiment:  Rubbernecker Stamps Snowman With Present

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White, White Glitter Cardstock; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Real Red, Garden Green

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Sizzix Snowflake Oval Frame and Snowflake 3-D Embossing Folders; Studio Katia Dotted Nested Oval Dies; Wink of Stella; Copic Sketch Markers; Clear Rhinestones

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your snowman cards are adorable! He's such a happy little guy and will bring smiles to the recipients!

Carol W said...

Barb both of your cards are adorable.I love the sparkles and image. So well done.

kiwimeskreations said...

Two super cute cards so full of interest Barb - great work
Blessings
Maxine