Monday, February 12, 2024

Lush Leaves with Gus & Gertie!

 


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card. This card is number 56, so we are into year #5. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I decided to pick Simon Hurley's Lunar Paste.  I went with a tropical theme so I used Later Gator and Triple Berry. The stencil is from Gina K Designs called Lush Leaves.  Wishing I was someplace lush and warm!

I used my foam domed applicators for the Lunar Paste over the stencil on the leaves.  I thought Gus and Gertie from Taylored Expressions would make a fun birthday card with the colorful background.  I colored the images with my Copic Sketch Markers and used the coordinating die. I cut a vellum circle with a Gina Marie Designs Stitched Circle and placed Gus & Getie on the circle.  I used foam tape under the circle for a bit of dimension.  The sentiment is from a Taylored Expressions sentiment strip set.  No bling was needed as there is a lot of sparkled on the background.  





I really like the look of this card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like it too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to in March as we will all be back for another round!

Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Gus & Gertie stamp and matching die set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green; The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White, Vellum

Ink:  Simon Hurley Lunar Paste--Later Gator and Triple Berry

Accessories:  Gina K Designs Lush Leaves Stencil; Gina Marie Designs Stitched Circle Die; 

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Those leaves look amazing, Barb... and Gus is so cute! Fun Hot Mess card!

Carol W said...

Cute card Barb so fun and bright.