Thursday, February 15, 2024

Nice One!

  



Today is the 15th and this is my card this month for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 7 and all one team--Jeanette, Carol, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit.  This month, Jeanette is the hostess and sent out a kit with this sweet birthday image from Penny Black called Nice One.  She also included some fun birthday patterned paper from The Paper Studio along with some colorful Stampin' Up gems for bling!

I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and then fussy cut the image.  I then attached the image to a circle I cut out of vellum and popped the circle up with foam tape.  The patterned paper I picked for the background was a sheet of candles!  I die cut the sentiment Jeanette included with an oval die and popped it up on the top of the card.   I added some of the yellow gems around the circle. This was a very fun card to make!





I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my cards this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blog, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the snowy creations this month!   

We will be back in March with the image Carol will be sending out.   Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun we  have planned!


Image/Sentiment:  Penny Black Nice One Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; Stampin' Up Real Red, Early Espresso, Vellum; The Paper Studio All Seasons 3 Patterned Paper

Ink:  Hero Arts Intensified Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Stampin' Up Gems; Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle Die; Oval Die

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so cute - fussy cutting the image was a brilliant idea! Also, adding the circle of vellum to tame down that DP. You did an outstanding job with this month's goodies!

Tracie said...

Great card. Love how you used vellum as a background.

Darlene LeTavec said...

This is so sweet! I really like the vellum behind him, so clever! Nice job - as usual!

Carol W said...

Wow Barb, your card is awesome. I love how you used the vellum. It toned down the dsp behind the sweet image and brought out your wonderful coloring. That was a great idea for a whole different look. Great job on this card.