Thursday, April 18, 2024

Enduring Beauty

 


This is my card for a swap called the SIS--Surprise Image Swap.   This is card #14 for our group.  It is a bi-monthly swap where we all use the same image, sent to us by the hostess.  The surprise part is that we are to not discuss the image at all until the day they are to be posted--the 18th of every other month.   The image for this round was provided by Sharon!  She will swap the cards and include the new image for round #15 that Darlene will have stamped in each return envie. Then--we do it all again in June!  We have completed one round and now in toanother one!

Sharon sent everyone this pretty floral image from Stampin' Up called Enduring Beauty.  I also happen to have the bundle, that includes the stamp set, coordinating dies and a set of 5 stencils that they call masks.  So--I was able to use Sharon's image with my die and stencils.

I ink blended it by using 4 of the 5 stencils.  The inks I picked were Taylored Expressions Cupcake and Rose Water for the flowers and Peapod with Mint Julep for the leaves.  I did not use the 5th stencil as it used for the middle of the flowers if you just ink blend without stamping first. I die cut the floral image with the coordinating die and added foam tape.  I then die cut a rectangle panel from the Perennial Postage die set and then used an Altenew Embossing folder called Crystal Wall for texture.  The patterned paper is from a Stampin' Up 6x6 pack called Silver and Gold.  I added an additional layer of gold metallic from The Paper Cut behind the paper as well as a strip on top of the rectangle.  The sentiment is from a Pink Fresh Studio Foiled Sentiment package and I added some Stampin' Up gold sequins around the image.  
 


If you check some of the other blogs listed on my sidebars, you may find some other swappers who have posted their creations.  The due date is today, the 18th, or they may post in the upcoming days. You can also check out SCS and use the keyword SIS14 to see some posted there.  I hope everyone in the swap likes my card--and that you do too!


Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Enduring Beauty Stamp, Stencil and Die Set/Pinkfresh Studio Foiled Sentiment Package

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White, Metallic Gold; Stampin' Up, Silver & Gold 6x6 Patterned Paper Pack

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black; Taylored Expressions Cupcake, Rose Water, Peapod, Mint Julep

Accessories:  Altenew Crystal Wall Embossing Folder; Stampin' Up Perennial Postage Dies, Gold Sequins

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

A gorgeous card! Lovely touches of gold and the flowers are colored in beautiful hues.