Monday, April 22, 2024

Feather Lilies

 





Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 40th month, so we are in our 4th year!  WOW--4 years of making two cards with the same stamp from different companies each month!



Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For April, the company is Altenew.   This company has such stunning florals and of course, that is what I picked!  The set is called Feathered Lilies and includes a stamp set, matching die, coordinating stencils and an embossing folder.  For my cards, I used a combination of all 4 of the items!




For the first card, I stamped the large lily image with black ink  I then used my blender brushes and Pinkfresh Studio ink cubes with the set of 3 stencils for pink lilies! I then die cut the image and layered on an embossed background where I used my favorite Stampin' Up folder called Subtle.  The sentiment is from the same set and I die cut with a Gina K Designs Master Layouts banner die.  I added a few Trinity Pearls around the colorful image.




For this card, I also stamped the image and ink blended with PFS cubes again, this time for yellow lilies.  I then ran it through the embossing folder, though you really cannot see the embossing.   I think I should have done the embossing on a piece of cardstock first, then ink blended with the stencil over the image, without stamping.  This image was layered directly on the card base, which I embossed the panel with a Stampin' Up folder called Exposed Brick. I also die cut one of the sentiments with a Taylored Expressions die.  A few yellow Pinkfresh jewels a placed around the image.




I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards. Here is a link to Jeanette'sDarlene’s  and  Carol's blogs.   I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  

Next month we will highlight Newton's Nook, a Wisconsin Stamp Company.  So be sure to check out our cards on May 22nd!  


Image/Sentiment:  Altenew Stamp Company Feather Lilies Stamp Set, Stencil Set, Embossing Folder and Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Basic Black

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black; Pinkfresh Studio Ink Cubes for blending

Accessories: Stampin' Up Subtle and Exposed Brick Embossing Folders; Trinity Pink Pearls; Pinkfresh Studio Yellow Jewels

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Two lovely cards, Barb! I like how you used different orientation on them. And the colors. WOW! You are an inspiration!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Wow Barb, such stunning Lilies! I also really like the embossed white background panel. Such a nice yet subtle effect. Your coloring is perfect. Great cards to highlight how different the same images can be!

kiwimeskreations said...

Two beautiful cards Barb - so many elements in common, and yet so very different in the overall 'look'
Blessings
Maxine