Friday, April 12, 2024

Getting Messy

 


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card. This card is number 58, so we are into year #6. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I decided to pick Tim Holtz alcohol inks. The base is Yupo and I was inspired by a make 'n take we did over weekend at a retreat.  Sarah from The Paper Cut in Appleton stopped in at  Gather House and we did two cards, one with Yupo, alcohol ink and a cover die.  I used shades of pink alcohol inks along with Silver Mixative plus Blending Solution and moved the inks around with my blower.  I then picked a cover plate die from Gina Marie Designs called Petal Flowers Background.  Since there is silver in the background, I decided to use Silver Glitter cardstock on one and Silver Mirricard on the other--both from The Paper Cut.  I layered the die cut panel right over the alcohol ink background.  The Hello die is from Gina K Designs and the Happy Birthday is from Taylored Expressions.  Both of the backers for the dies were cut from vellum.  I added some silver dots around each of the panels.




I really like the look of both of these cards and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like them too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to in May as we will all be back for another round!

Image/Sentiment:  Gina K Designs Hello die; Taylored Expressions Happy Birthday Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Yupo; The Paper Cut Silver Mirricard, Silver Mirri-Sparkle; Cougar Opaque White for card base

Ink:  Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks--Roewood, Gumball, Fiesta; Silver Mixatives, Blending Solution

Accessories:  Silver bling; Gina Marie Designs Petal Flower Background Die

3 comments:

Darlene LeTavec said...

Oh my word!!! How beautiful. Absolutely stunning. You really nailed it with this technique.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, the vibrant colors and beautiful die overlay are perfect on these cards. Gorgeous!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow, Barb, these are gorgeous - love the way the inks and mixative 'worked', and the silver diecuts are wonderful over the gorgeous backgrounds
Blessings
Maxine