Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Ready? Set? Go!


Today is the third Wednesday of the month and that means a Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 Musketeers--Kelly, Jeanette and me--are back with another challenge for April-our 23rd month!  We are now coming to the end year #2!



Jeanette provided the challenge for April: While we don't post our cards until April 17th (the third Wednesday of the month) one of the fun features of April is April Fool's day, the day when tricks are played and one never knows quite what to expect. I personally could tell you a prank or two that I played through the years, but we'll save that for another day.

In keeping with the idea of pranks and the unexpected I want you to use two things on your card: the UGLIEST piece of designer paper that you can find in your stash (We have them, right? And we never expected to be asked to use those ugly papers!) and one of the stamps in your collection that has not yet seen ink, at least not by you. It's okay if it's a used stamp you purchased but have not yet used.  Oh--and please post a picture of the patterned paper before cutting it apart!

Ready? Set? Go!

Oh My--this was/is going to be quite the challenge--for sure!  I hope I do not offend anyone, but Asian patterned paper is not a favorite of mine.  And, I do not even know where I got this paper and it is a full sheet!


I inked up a Rubbernecker Stamp that I have had for many years.  It has probably more than 10 years as I got it when I was a demo for Dave, when he had a booth at a stamp show that used to be held in Waukesha and then South Milwaukee.  It is no longer around, but I really enjoyed doing the demos with their fun stamps.  I think this sentiment matches an image of a cat in a dryer!  I used gold embossing powder to match the gold in the patterned paper.



I am sure you are going to see some interesting cards this month!

Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card.  Kelly is  up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in May!   I am sure she will come up with a fun challenge!

Image/Sentiment:  Rubbernecker Stamps Ever had One of Those Days

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections 110# Ivory; Stampin' Up Basic Black; Tim Holtz Gold Foil;  Unknown Patterned Paper

Ink: Versamark; 

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Gold Embossing Powder; Gina Marie Designs Stitched Rectangles; Gold Thread



4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Barb, this is a stunner - Asian papers are not my favourite, but you obviously have an aversion to them!! Love how you have used it here, and that sentiment could go with any background!
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is gorgeous! So rich and classy looking! Love how you embraced the theme.

MiamiKel said...

Oh my, this is terrific! Such a stunning card - this gorgeous asian inspired paper is dreamy! I think it's a perfect pairing with the pretty sentiment! I love this and just can't see how you thought this would be 'ugly' :) Hugs!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card! You know how the saying goes. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I may not use too much of that paper theme, but I think you made a beautiful card using it!