Sunday, April 7, 2019

Twisted Gate Fold



Here is my April Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS. This is our 28th month, so we are into year #3. Dawn gave everyone this challenge: 

Scripture:   Romans 8:17-18 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us

ChallengeMake a card that reveals and image or sentiment. It could be a slider card or a card with a lift up flap.

This card challenge stumped me for a bit and then a saw a card in a basket by my desk that I made a few years ago at a class that my friend Amy taught at Camp Stamp-in-Oga. We made a Halloween card with a mummy as the focal image and I went with an Easter Card.  The fold is called Twisted Gate Fold.   It looks harder than it is--really, I mean that.  There are a number of videos on making it.

Here is another view of the opened card:



Here is the opened card, with the reveal of the sentiment.


And, finally, here is the card folded so it fits in an A2 envelope.



I hope Dawn along the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post between the 7th and 10th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! Liz is up for our May challenge, so be sure to check back to see what I create!

Image/Sentiment:  Art Gone Wild Nicole Tamarin Daffodil Bunnies

Cardstock/Patterned Papers:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Glorious Grape, Blushing Bride; Bella Blvd Simply Spring- Hippity Hop 

Ink:  Stampin' Up Glorious Grape; Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  
Spellbinders Nestabilities Oval Dies; Copic Markers




2 comments:

Margaret said...

Great card. I like that fold.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wow! What a pretty card! Great idea for the "reveal" theme!