Tuesday, November 5, 2019

November is Use your Dies!


This is the 45th week of A Card a Week Challenge. One card a week--for 52 weeks--with a preset challenge for each month. November is here and the challenge is to make a card using just dies.  Every Tuesday in November, that is my goal.  I have many dies and this will be my chance to use them!

For my first card in November, I used a set of three Birch Press dies called Issa Snowflake.  I cut each layer from some metallic paper from The Paper Cut--bottom layer is green, middle layer silver and top layer red metallic.  I then die cut the words Winter Cheer from the same green metallic paper.  I layer the dies on a piece of Real Red that I ran through the Stampin' Up Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder.  I rotated the cardstock 90 degrees and ran it through a second time.

And, I realize this is a very hard card to photograph and the shine is hard to work with. It has the same colors all around the circle................


I really like the look of this card and hope you do too. 
  

Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the silver metallic paper.


I hope you will stop back each Tuesday to see my creation for my A Card a Week Challenge!  November will be highlighting dies, so sure to check back to see what I create with my stash of dies!

Image/Sentiment: Birch Press Designs Issa Snowflake Dies/Penny Black Word Die

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Real Red, Shaded Spruce; The Paper Cut Metallic Paper in Red, Green and Silver

Ink:  None

Accessories: Stampin' Up Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder, Silver Brads



3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This must look amazing IRL Barb - it looks so intricate and shiny here :)
Blessings
Maxine

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, this is beautiful. The silver really compliments the red.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a creative card - with all that shine. Gorgeous!