Thursday, July 7, 2022

Patriotic Flowers

 

This is my July Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS.  She hosted for 5 years and now Faith has taken over for year #7. We will continue as we have in the past with each month a new hostess gives us a scripture and challenges us to make a card with that theme. 


Jeanette is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:

Scripture:  Ecclesiastes 3:11a He has made everything beautiful in its time.

Challenge: In this month of July, create a card that shows something that is beautiful in/about the summer months. The second part of the verse says "He has put eternity into man's heart" so it would be wonderful if you would also include a heart on your card.

I really like this Whipper Snapper Designs image and use it often for 4th of July cards.  It also showcases pretty flowers that bloom in the summer!    I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and die cut the image, plus the the navy layer, with my Cottagecutz Single Stitched Ovals  The background panel is embossed with the Taylored Expressions Fireworks folder.   I used my Stampin' Up mini banner punch to make some red, white and blue flags.  I also added some red enamel dots as the final touch!





Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of flag washi tape:


I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! 

Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Designs Patriotic Flowers

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Real Red, Night of Navy

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Mini Banner Punch; Copic Sketch Markers; Red Enamel Dots; Cottagecutz Single Stitched Ovals; Taylored Expressions Fireworks Embossing Folder

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, the WS stamp you used on this card is such a beauty! I love everything about your card! Perfectly done!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this fun WS image and the great embossed background. The banners are a great accent too. Wonderful reflection on the scripture.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great way to interpret the challenge Barb, and such a pretty card as a result
Blessings
Maxine