Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Sending Paper Hugs

 


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 38, so we are at the start of year #4. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I used Ken Oliver Crafts Color Burst. The colors I picked are Violet, Ultramarine Blue and Pthalo Green.  These are some fun colors to use with Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock.  I spritzed the cardstock, added the color and then spritzed again.  I then picked up the panel to move the color.  I die cut the panel with my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 and added the Granny Apple Green layer from the same die set.  The texture and color is so cool in real life!  I then die cut the Simon Says Stamp Paper Hugs Die three times in the same green. Green enamel dots are the final touch!  

I think the panel looks a bit like Northern Lights. It is on our bucket list to be in Alaska during the time they are most prevalent.  Wishing............




Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the colorful paper that I cut off:



I really like the look of this card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies liked it too!  


Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on August 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Simon Says Stamp Paper Hugs Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock; Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape

Ink:  Ken Oliver Crafts Color Burst Violet, Ultramarine Blue and Pthalo Green.

Accessories:  Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; Green Enamel Dots

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Your background is so vibrant and gorgeous! Beautiful card, Barb!

Darlene LeTavec said...

I LOVE the background panel! Just as I was thinking of the Northern Lights, I read your comment. You are so right, it looks like you intentionally set out to achieve that look! (maybe you did?!) The bright green is the perfect accent color. Such a great job on this card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning background Barb, and the sentiment really stands out over it - a fabulous result!
Blessings
Maxine