Friday, July 15, 2022

The Strength Behind Santa!


Today is the 15th and that means the Dueling Darlings are back to post their fun cards!  This group was founded 10 years ago and there are a few of us that are the original members.  Kelly and Jeanette are still our team leaders and they try so hard to keep us all in line and going strong!  On team Kelly are Terry, Carol and me.  Team Jeanette consists of Lorraine, Darlene and Tracie.  And, we are all Dueling Darlings!  


This month our kits are come from Carol and Tracie.  The theme is Mrs. Claus and is the strength behind Santa.  As we all know behind every really successful person there is a person of with strength working in the background. I personally think Mrs. Claus gets lost in the crowd every year but I bet she is right behind Santa urging him on to be the best person he can be. When Christmas arrives you hear alot about the elves, the angels, the reindeer and of course Santa but not too much about Mrs Santa. I am sure she is busy baking cookies, supervising the packing of the sleigh and of course making sure Santa has everything he needs as he gets ready to deliver all the goodies on Christmas Eve. So we are honoring Mrs. Santa this month, In addition to your kit creation we would like you to share your favorite Christmas treat recipe . Carol is one my "side" so she sent us this sweet CC Designs image called Mrs. Claus along with many fun sentiments.   She also included some very pretty Christmas patterned papers and a bunch of fun embellishments.  

I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I then die-cut image and the Real Red layer with my Stampin' Up Stitched Rectangles. I used the same die set to cut one of the sentiments.  The pretty red striped  paper background is from The Paper Studio.  I added one of the ribbons that Carol sent--red velvet and added a cute present to the ribbon.  This was fun card to make!

Now, the treat recipe. I do not have one---sorry.  I am not much of a baker and do not make any Christmas cookies.  Sad--but two of our best friends love to bake and give us a wonderful box of their awesome cookies every year.  Sadly, they are moving to Colorado next month.  So--do you think that the cookies will survive in the mail....................  Hoping Penny and Kathi give it a try!  My favorites--Peanut Butter Blossoms and Almond Crescent Cookies!




Here is the inside of my card:




I hope all of the Dueling Darlings enjoy my card this month and showcasing Mrs. Claus--the strength behind Santa!  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun Christmas cards are posted and to see if others have posted their sweet treat recipes.   All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blogs, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   August has Lorraine and me up as hostesses, so be sure to check back on the 15th to see all of our creations.


Image/Sentiment:  CC Designs Mrs. Claus

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:   White;  Stampin' Up Real Red, Basic Black; The Paper Studio Christmas Patterned Papers

Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Stampin' Up Stitched Rectangle Dies; Red Rhinestones; Red Velvet Ribbon

6 comments:

Carol W said...

I love your card Barb. It is so fun to look at. I !I've how you always do the inside of the card as well. Great job on this challenge. I'm also happy you liked the kit. Crossing my fingers your cookie treats can be mailed. Great recipe.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I certainly hope the cookies survive in the mail... otherwise you'll be cookie-less like me. ;)

Your card is adorable!!! I love the way you colored Mrs. Claus!

Lorraine said...

Another great card from you! Here's hoping you do get a yummy Christmas box from Penny and Kathi : )

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh, you really are going to miss your friends Barb..
Loving this sweet card, and I agree, Mrs Claus certainly gets overlooked!
Blessings
Maxine

Tracie said...

Great card Barb. I love your red & white theme.

Darlene LeTavec said...

Cute, cute, CUTE!! Love the diagonals and striped DP, very sharp! Such a happy holiday card.