Friday, July 22, 2022

Unity is Double Duty


Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 17th month, so we are into year #2.  This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night and it is called Double Duty! 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For July, the company we are using is Unity. I have quite a few of these beautiful stamp sets and decided to go with a Graciellie design called Simplicity!




For both cards, I went to my stash of backgrounds to see if there were two that I could use.  The blue card uses a background I made a bit ago using a leaf embossing folder that I inked the inside before running it though my Big Shot.  I added the vertical lines with my Scor-Buddy for additional texture.  The green and gold one uses a background from the Taylored Expressions Done For You Alcohol Ink Series 1.  I fussy cut the leaf image for both cards and added a twine bow at the bottom.  I stamped the coordinating sentiment from the same stamp set with the same color ink as I did the leaf.  I die cut the sentiment with a Stampin' Up die from the Tasteful Labels set.    I added some Gina K rhinestones to the green card and some Trinity Stamps Iridescent Gems to the blue card.



I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards. I used a background from my stash.  I fussy cut both images and used the same die to cut the sentiment.  Gems were the final touch on both!


I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards.  

Here is a link to Jeanette's,  Darlene and Carol's blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  Our friend Kelly might occasionally post a card for our challenge, but she could not commit to the entire year.  So, check her blog to see if she did play along this month!

Penny Black Stamps is up for our our August challenge, so be sure to check out our cards on the 22nd!


Image/Sentiment:  Unity Graciellie Simplicity Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Mint Macaron, Pacific Point; The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Taylored Expressions Done For You Alcohol Ink Series 1

Ink:  Stampin' Up Mint Macaron, Pacific Point;

Accessories:   Embossing Folder; Stampin' Up Tasteful Labels Die; White and Green/White Twine; Gina K Rhinestones; Trinity Stamps Iridescent Embellishments; 

3 comments:

Darlene LeTavec said...

Oh my goodness! So much to love with both of these cards. Each background is so pretty and the branch of leaves is so graceful. Love the choice of color for the ink too. Nicely done!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, both of these cards are absolutely stunning! The backgrounds are perfect with the lovely leaves image!

Carol W said...

Your cards are beautiful. I love the colors you chose and the set you chose from Unity. I love the backgrounds you used so different and so fun. Awesome.