Sunday, August 7, 2022

Coffee and a Great Friend


This is my August Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS.  She hosted for 5 years and now Faith has taken over for year #7. We will continue as we have in the past with each month a new hostess gives us a scripture and challenges us to make a card with that theme. 

Pansy is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:

Scripture:  Ecclesiastes 4:9 Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor.

Challenge: Use friendship as a theme for your project or card.

I recently bought a fun stamp set from Simon Says Stamp called Drink Coffee.  I think the sentiment on this large stamp is perfect for this challenge.  I die cut the sentiment and the Bermuda Bay layer from my Stampin' Up Stitched Rectangle Dies.  The background papers are from an older 6x6 paper pack from Stampin' Up called Have a Cuppa!  I added some Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay baker's twine and a few pink clay hearts from Taylored Expressions and and the card is complete!




Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the patterned paper:




I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! 

Image/Sentiment:  Simon Says Stamp Drink Coffee Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Melon Mambo, Have a Cuppa 6x6 Patterned Paper Pack

Ink:  Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Stitched Rectangle Dies, Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine; Taylored Expressions Pink Clay Hearts

2 comments:

Darlene LeTavec said...

Love the colors together! What cute papers those are. You're right, the stamp & sentiment are perfect!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This card is awesome - the sentiment is perfect for the theme! Lovely papers and design too!