Friday, August 5, 2022

Gina K Fancy Feathers


I recently bought the very popular Gina K Designs stamp and die set called Fancy Feathers.  I so loved all of the cards that I saw created after the kit was released in June and I could not wait until the set was restocked and added to her site in July. I decided to make 2 slimline cards--very similar to one Gina demoed in a video earlier this summer. 

First, I used my slimline cardbases and layers from The Paper Cut.  I arranged my feather dies on the top white layer and die each of them.  I then kept the outline of each of the feathers to place back into the die cut once the color was added to the back. For the background of each feather, I used some strips of silver glitter cardstock from The Paper Cut.  I used 2 shades of each--purple, green and blue Tim Holtz alcohol inks.  I dropped the colors of ink onto my applicator tool with a felt pad for each color.  I then swiped and dapped the 2 shades all over the strip of silver glitter cardstock.  I then placed the 3 colored panels under the die cut opens and placed the matching feather outlines back in place.  The sentiments are both from the same set--they are such sweet words!    I added some Gina K rhinestones around each of the feathers.   I think these are such colorful cards and will be perfect to send to friends when they need a bit of a pick-me-up.




I hope you like my cards.  I really, really love this stamp and die set--and I hope maybe you do too and might order it........................... 

Image/Sentiment:  Gina K Designs Fancy Feathers Stamp and Die set 

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut White Slimline card bases and layer, black layer, silver glitter cardstock

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; Tim Holtz Alcohol inks in shades of  green, blue and purple

Accessories:  Gina K Designs Rhinestones

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these are absolutely gorgeous! Love those colors and the feathers. WOW!

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely stunning cards Barb - love your use of the colours on the glitter cardstock!
Blessings
Maxine