Sunday, October 15, 2023

Autumn Wheelbarrow

 


Today is the 15th and this is my card for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 7 and all one team--Jeanette, Carol, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit.  This month is the start of the second round for our group.  Jeanette gave us a challenge this month to use our own supplies to create something you (I) love.  It might be a favorite stamp company, a favorite color scheme or embellishment, spending time in nature, grandchildren, etc.  I decided to go with my favorite time of year--Fall!

I love all of the colors of fall and I like the crisp fall air.  It also means that Thanksgiving is on the way and that is my favorite family holiday!  I also enjoy taking walks and hikes in the fall with the leaves under my feet and many times, falling all around when hiking.  I also like exchanging my polo shirts in the main closet with the pullovers from the spare bedroom closet--and even putting my birks away and pulling out my fuzzy slippers!

I picked a sweet image from Great Impressions, but it does not have a name on it.  The old wooden wheelbarrow filled with pumpkins and leaves all around is such a quintessential autumn image! I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and die cut with with a Spellbinders Label 8 die set.  I found some patterned paper with some sweet autumn words and layered with fall colors.  I added some twine behind the die cut image and a few orange enamel dots around the image. This was fun card to make!





I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my card this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blog, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   

We will be back in November with the image Lorraine will be sending out.  Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun she has planned!


Image/Sentiment:   Great Impressions Rubber Stamps Wheelbarrow

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso; Flair Designs Autumn Words Patterned Paper

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8 Die Set; Orange Enamel Dots; Stampin' Up Twine

4 comments:

Tracie said...

Great card Barb. I love fall also. A wheelbarrow of pumpkins is so fun. Wonderful job on the challenge.

Carol W said...

Great card Barb. I also love the fall colors and the leaves turning colors. Your card is perfect expressing all those wonderful things.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your fall card is so pretty - with its cute image and perfect papers and embellishments. I also loved reading about your love of fall. Very interesting!

Darlene LeTavec said...

What a beautiful card! I love Fall and your image and DP really captures the spirit of Fall. The twine is a great accent and I'm going to try to remember that next time my brain freezes up when faced with using twine LOL