Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Sweet Hedgie!

 


This is my card for a swap called the SIS--Surprise Image Swap.   This is card #11 for our group.  It is a bi-monthly swap where we all use the same image, sent to us by the hostess.  The surprise part is that we are to not discuss the image at all until the day they are to be posted--the 18th of every other month.   The image for this round was provided by Janet.  She will swap the cards and include the new image for round #12 that Terry stamps in everyone's return envie. Then--we do it all again in December!

Janet sent everyone this sweet image from the Penny Black Sweet You set.  She included a sentiment, but I decided to leave the card blank so it could be used for any occasion. I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers. I die cut the image and backer with my Stampin' Up Circle Dies. I picked a sweet 6x6 Craft Paper called Patena. The scalloped layer behind the image and the strip is from The Paper Cut called STardream Bronze.  I added a piece of Bermuda Bay that was die cut with a border die from The Paper Cut over the metallic strip. Then, I piece of Bermuda Bay ribbon over the top.  I added some teal enamel dots for the final touch.




If you check some of the other blogs listed on my sidebars, you may find some other swappers who have posted their creations.  The due date is today, the 18th, or they may post in the upcoming days. You can also check out SCS and use the keyword SIS11 to see some posted there.  I hope everyone in the swap likes my card--and that you do too!


Image/Sentiment:  Penny Black Sweet You Says Stamp Set
 
Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Paper Studio White; Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, The Paper Cut Stardream Bronze' Crate Paper Patina 6x6 patterned paper pack

 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay Ribbon, Circle Dies; Teal Enamel Dots; The Paper Cut Border Die

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is so cute! The image is adorable and that background catches the eye. Well done!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow, what a great card you have made using that sweet image Barb - love how you have picked up the colours in the paper for all the accents. A wonderful result
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Great card Barb. Very fun. Great color combo.